Paloma Martín GonzálezMarch 21, 2022
Saskia Bostelmann NoetzelMarch 21, 2022
Fashion and accessories designer, artisan and jeweller from Madrid, based in Valencia.
After a long career as a designer of footwear and accessories in large companies, I created my own design studio to serve different clients and projects, I trained as an artisan jeweller and created my own brand, from the criteria of ethics, high craftsmanship and sustainability.
I design and manufacture jewellery and handbags in limited series manually, merging art, nature, fashion, and crafts.
As a freelance designer, I carry out collections and advise to different clients.
My business objectives are:
As Sara Lopez design studio, I hope to collaborate with brands, companies and educational entities that value my experience and vision of ethical work, high craftsmanship and sustainability.
As a brand, Rita and co, I hope to consolidate and grow to be able to count on other artisans and professionals, who can help me manage the different areas of the business so that both projects are profitable and last over time.
My learnings from the Crafting Business Programme:
- I have learned to be more realistic and less romantic. I have learned to realize the importance of planning, value my work, my time, the costs, and the profits. In summary, I have learned about the profitability of a business.
- Now I can see the difference between the passion for creativity and what a business is.
- I have changed my attitude and I am more confident as a professional and with my brand. I value myself more and I feel confident showing and selling my product and offering my services. I have learned that the unity and the collaboration are essential and that you should always look for the profit. You must find financing and not be undercapitalized by working in your passion without control or planning.
My 5 top tips that I have learnt on this journey:
- Planning. It is essential to have a good BMC.
- To look for differentiation.
- To value my strengths and weaknesses and not be afraid to externalize what I cannot manage well.
- To look for the profit of the business and the financing to make it viable.
- To reach the public, that is my target, not to adapt my prices and the type of product to my environment of friends/relatives.