Helena GamosAugust 26, 2022
Isabel BeldadAugust 26, 2022
I lived in Cantabria (north Spain) where the value of the environment is very important for us.
Three years ago, I returned to the world of design, after several years working in hospitality. Right now I need to make my brand known, and start marketing and selling.
My passion for crafts, the need to create new products with identity and my training as a designer have been the key to start this new adventure.
HoSCA, Piel Tudanca are the only workshop in the world that work with this local leather, which allows us to create roots leather goods with a great identity.
My business objectives are:
- Create contemporary leather goods and furniture with identity, singular and handmade in Cantabria sharing tradition and design.
- Show a way of life through a product.
- Enjoy my job and support the planet, creating and designing identity sustainable products.
My learnings from the Crafting Business Programme:
- I have learned to better define the project and be clearer with the concepts that define it.
- I have removed the doubts that I had.
- Create better brand values.
- Don’t be afraid of prices.
My 5 top tips that I have learnt on this journey:
- Insist on brand differentiation.
- Tell the brand values better and be transparent.
- Communicate to let us know. Otherwise, we don’t exist.
- Dedicate more time to the sale, and give it more importance.
- Planning and execution are essential for future existence.